The Pennsylvania Department Of Health is now requiring that all medications to be given in the school setting be treated as prescribed medications requiring both an order from a licensed prescriber and consent from a parent/guardian. This includes all over the counter oral medications, as well as topical lotions, sunscreens, and medications. For example: Antacids for stomach upset will need a parent permission form filled out along with a doctor's medication order.

The school nurse will no longer be able to distribute over the counter medications unless there is permission from the parent and an order form the doctor. 

Students who require an Inhaler, EpiPen or Diabetic Medications may self carry and administer their medications as per the Department of Health.  Written permission from a Medical Physician, Parent, and Nurse are needed prior.  Please click on the Self carry links below for more information.